Every housewife knows about spices turmeric. But its history, useful properties, contraindications and scope for many remain a mystery.
Useful properties and contraindications of turmeric
The ancient Chinese healers were the first to learn about the benefits of turmeric. They used it in practice as an anti-inflammatory and pain reliever. Scientists have proven that spice stimulates metabiosis and has a choleretic effect, and antibacterial properties are sufficient to inhibit the development of tuberculosis.
The use of "Indian saffron" improves digestion and growth of beneficial microflora. Medicinal properties, unlike other natural antibiotics, appear mildly, without affecting the functioning of the liver.
The composition of spices includes a natural dye curcumin. The substance kills cancer cells without harm to healthy organs and tissues. Turmeric is used to treat burns and wounds.
Video about the benefits and harm of turmeric
What other useful properties are inherent in it?
- Slowing the development of melanoma and destruction of already formed cells.
- Prostate cancer prevention (paired with cauliflower).
- Destruction of amyloid plaques in the brain.
- Prevent leukemia.
- Preventing the appearance of metastases in cancer diseases.
- Slowing the development of sclerosis.
- Stabilization of body weight.
- Elimination of symptoms of depression.
- Providing anti-inflammatory action in arthritis.
- Slowing the growth of blood vessels in malignant tumors.
- Elimination of itching with eczema, psoriasis and furunculosis.
- Acceleration of wound healing.
Since turmeric has a strong effect on the human body, it also has contraindications.
When should not eat spice?
- During pregnancy during the first trimester.
- When taking blood-thinning medicines.
- In chronic diseases.
- When taking diabetic drugs.
- With clogged biliary tract.
- With gallstone disease.
To determine the negative effect of spice on the body is easy. It manifests itself in the form of diarrhea, nausea, severe dizziness and general weakness. Doctors recommend to use turmeric in moderation. Adherence to the correct dosage will be beneficial, and exceeding is fraught with serious consequences.
Indian people are well known for the healing properties and benefits of turmeric. The indisputable evidence of this is the widespread use of spices in the national cuisine.
A conversation on this topic can last for hours. I think it is better if I give a few recipes from Indian cuisine that have taken root forever in my cookbook and are constantly used.
Rice with turmeric
- Rice - 1 cup.
- Butter - 1 spoon.
- Water - 2 cups.
- Salt - 0.5 spoons.
- Turmeric - 0.25 spoons.
- Ground pepper.
- I wash the rice cereal with extremely cold water, carefully rubbing it with my palm or fingers. After the removal of rice flour particles, residues of husks and debris, I slightly dry the grits.
- I pour water into a small container and put it on the stove. While the liquid is boiling, I melt the oil in a saucepan with a thick bottom, add salt, turmeric, grits and lightly fry.
- Initially, rice will become transparent, and a little later it will acquire a milky color. Immediately after that, pour the rice with boiling water, cover and reduce the heat. Rice is cooked 15 minutes. If I cook unpolished grits, I increase the cooking time by 10 minutes.
Parahti with potatoes
- Flour - 1 cup.
- Salt - 2 spoons.
- Warm water - 0.25 cup.
- Mashed potatoes - 1 cup.
- Ground pepper - 0.5 spoons.
- Turmeric - 0.25 spoons.
- In a deep bowl, mix a glass of flour and a half teaspoon of salt, pour in water and knead the dough.
- The resulting mass is divided into six parts and make rounded cakes. Lubricated with a rolling pin make circles with a diameter of ten centimeters.
- For the preparation of filling, mashed potatoes with salt, seasoned with pepper and turmeric. Getting to the formation of parakhta.
- In the center of each circle I put a spoonful of filling, cover with the second circle and squeeze the edges. So that they are better sealed, pre-moisten with water.
- Formed tortillas are fried in oil on both sides to an appetizing crust.
Indian Pea Soup
- Sunflower oil - 2 spoons.
- Bow - 1 head.
- Garlic - 3 slices.
- Ginger - 2 spoons.
- Green onions - 1 bunch.
- Red pepper - 1 pc.
- Pea - 450 g
- Turmeric - 0.25 spoons.
- Cilantro - 2 spoons.
- Lime juice - 2 spoons.
- Mustard seeds - 1 spoon.
- Cumin seeds - 2 spoons.
- In a cauldron with thick walls I heat the oil over high heat, add chopped onion, crushed garlic, chopped greens, ginger, salt and red pepper. After three minutes add turmeric.
- I send peas into a container, pour in eight glasses of water, bring the liquid to a boil, reduce the heat and boil the soup until the peas melt. It takes about an hour.
- In a small frying pan, I heat up the oil, fry cumin seeds and mustard seeds, for a maximum of half a minute. Roasted spices are sent to the soup, mix and leave under the lid for 10 minutes.
- In the soup add cilantro and lime juice, mix, put salt. Served to the table with slices of lime.
In each of the three recipes, spice is used in a small amount, but it significantly affects the taste of the finished dish. Try the recipes in practice, and you personally see this.
Where is added turmeric seasoning?
I wonder what dishes turmeric is added to? Not every spice improves the aromatic characteristics of a treat.
In eastern countries, cooks willingly add turmeric to dishes from fish, meat, and vegetables. In Tajikistan, they are added to sugary drinks, in Europe they are used to add color to pasta, liqueurs, oils, cakes and pastries. Turmeric increases the shelf life of cooked dishes.
Spiciness gives culinary masterpieces of beans an unusual taste, and the dough has an unsurpassed aroma and beautiful color.
The Americans add to the meat, the Uzbeks season the mutton soup. The British do not represent an omelet without it.
Golden milk with turmeric
The drink, which will be discussed, is really “golden”, and not only in color, but also in beneficial properties for the organism. Many have long experienced the healing effects of golden milk with turmeric on themselves.
Healers claim that the effect of golden milk is based on the strong anti-inflammatory properties of seasoning, thanks to which the drink suppresses disease-causing processes.
The basis of the drink
To prepare the base a glass of water is mixed with two spoons of turmeric, brought to a boil, reduce the heat and boil for 10 minutes while stirring. The result is a thick paste, resembling the usual consistency of ketchup. Store the composition in a glass jar in the refrigerator for one month.
Golden Milk Drink
To make a miraculous golden milk drink, a teaspoon of pasta is added to a glass of heated milk. After this, the process of turning the milk into miraculous nectar begins. A minute later it is used. Some people add fruit syrup or almond oil to their drink.
The duration of treatment using gold milk is forty days. This therapy involves drinking before bedtime. A year is recommended no more than two courses.
Traditional medicine recipes with turmeric
The unique qualities of turmeric have been used in traditional medicine. It is used for the treatment and prevention of ulcerative colitis, gallstone disease, obesity, and infectious hepatitis. When added to a juice, cocktail or dish, turmeric improves digestion and reduces cravings for fatty and sweet foods. I will consider the most popular recipes of traditional medicine, depending on the disease.
- Slimming. To achieve the result, turmeric is not consumed in its pure form, but mixed with other products. Recipe: half a liter of water is brought to a boil, removed from the heat, add three spoons of tea, three slices of ginger, a spoon of honey and a quarter of a small spoon of turmeric. After cooling and filtering, 500 ml of kefir are introduced into the mixture. Drink a drink instead of dinner.
- For joints. Treatment of joints using turmeric is quite long. First, turmeric is made from pasta, as for golden milk. A spoonful of pasta is combined with a spoon of honey and three crushed garlic cloves, a spoon of ginger is added, mixed and applied to the joint at bedtime for three weeks.
- For face skin. For the preparation of highly effective face masks do not need expensive or exotic products. A small spoonful of seasoning is mixed with powdered milk in a ratio of 1 to 2, lightly diluted with warm water and applied to the face. The mask provides an amazing moisturizing effect.
- For hair. The juice of two oranges is mixed with the pulp of one apple, half a banana, and a small amount of turmeric, using a blender to make a homogeneous mass and applied to clean and damp hair for half an hour, then washed off with water. The mask strengthens the hair and gives shine.
- For liver. Seasoning, thanks to curcumin, is very effective in the treatment and prevention of liver diseases. A quarter spoon of turmeric is combined with a glass of water and a spoon of honey. Waiting for the complete dissolution of the ingredients and drink. Carry out the procedure three times a day.
- With diabetes. One gram of turmeric is mixed with one tablet mumie. Diabetics are recommended to use such a single dose before each meal to maintain optimal sugar levels.
- For immunity. Turmeric perfectly stimulates the immune system and increases the body's resistance to diseases. For prophylaxis, it is recommended to take a teaspoon of powder diluted in a glass of warm milk once a day.
- From sore throat. Treat throat rinsing. Eight grams of turmeric is mixed with the same amount of salt, a glass of warm water is added, and rinsed throat. The tool perfectly relieves pain and disinfects.
Video recipes for beauty and health
These are not all recipes for turmeric. But this list is quite enough to understand that with its help you can solve many health problems.