For the first time information about the California flu appeared in 2009. It is so called the disease of people and animals, caused by different strains of influenza A virus. At first, the symptoms and signs of infection by the virus occurred only in birds and pigs. Mutations led to a change in the biological properties of the Californian flu, as a result of which he gained the ability to infect humans.
Californian flu treatment
The symptoms by which you can identify this dangerous disease, you already know. However, relying on one information from the Internet is not worth it, you need to consult a doctor, because even a qualified doctor without tests is extremely difficult to make an accurate diagnosis. The question of self-treatment is better not to raise at all.
- Combating this type of flu involves the use of antiviral and symptomatic drugs. The first category of drugs: Kagocel, Umifenovir and Oseltamivir.
- Symptomatic therapy is reduced to taking anti-inflammatory and antipyretic tablets, including Paracetamol and Ibuprofen. In some cases, antihistamines Cetirizine or Desloratadine are prescribed.
- If the situation is exacerbated by the appearance of a bacterial infection, the arsenal of drugs used is expanded by antibiotics, which are characterized by a wide spectrum of action. Among them are macrolides, penicillins and cephalosporins.
- Intoxication is reduced by a large intake of liquid, saturated with protein and vitamins in food.
It’s impossible to cope with the Californian flu. Only with the help of doctors you can count on recovery. By the way, I would recommend to get acquainted in detail with the material about swine flu. It is there that you expect a full description of the strategy to combat this dangerous disease.
California Flu Prevention
Scientists consider vaccination the best preventive measure against ordinary flu, but the vaccine against the Californian strain has not yet been developed.
- The virus is transmitted by humans. Consequently, the greatest chance of becoming infected in crowded places. We are talking about supermarkets, public transport, educational institutions, shopping and entertainment centers.
- A medical mask is helpful, but not a panacea. Keep it with you and put it on before entering a store, office space or public transport. The use of this protective agent on the street is meaningless, since getting infected while walking is almost impossible.
- Hygiene is a highly effective prophylactic agent. Wash your hands with soap anytime and anywhere. It does not hurt to put in a bag of wet antibacterial wipes. It will be useful and a handkerchief. By the way, you need to sneeze in the elbow, not the palms.
- Virus particles are active in still, warm and dry air. Moving, humid and cool air has a devastating effect on them. It is necessary as often as possible to go out into the fresh air and ventilate the room.
- Constantly monitor the state of the mucous membranes. If the development of mucus in the upper airways stops, which is the key to the normal functioning of local immunity, the pathogens will easily overcome the protective barrier. Therefore, the nose should be regularly moistened using homemade or purchased physiological and saline solutions.
- There are no funds against the Californian flu, whose prophylactic effectiveness has been proven by scientific studies. Therefore, to protect yourself from such a respiratory virus with onions, garlic, vodka and various pharmacy pills is impossible. All that is being sold is characterized by unproven effectiveness and provides only a psychotherapeutic effect.
Prevention methods, which I described above, will help reduce the likelihood of infection to a minimum. For more confidence, you should additionally resort to the help of the general preventive measures described in the material on influenza. You can share your opinion on the treatment of the Californian flu and the experience in dealing with this infection in the comments.