At the end of the twentieth century, extended nails were a wonder. Today for girls nail extension is a usual cosmetic procedure. The article will tell you how to grow nails at home with gel, silk and acrylic.
How to grow nails at home gel - step by step instructions
The gel is suitable for beginners to build, because it has one remarkable quality: when hardening, evens out and eliminates minor flaws. Contrary to loyalty to lack of experience, the tool needs careful handling.
- First of all, prepare the workplace. A regular table will do. An ultraviolet lamp will be installed freely on it, and there is enough space for manipulations.
- The main thing is that there is a socket near the table, and direct sunlight does not fall on the surface. The gel quickly hardens under the influence of ultraviolet radiation and in daylight the rate of hardening prevents the formation of marigolds.
- Before the procedure, prepare natural nails. Cut them carefully and shape them with a nail file. Remove cuticles and sand the surface in a block. After carrying out these manipulations remove the pollen from cutting with a napkin or a brush.
- The next step involves defatting. If this is not done, the gel will badly stick to the nail plates and exfoliate. Use a special tool. Masters call it a primer because it provides preliminary training.
- Attach the mold to the prepared nail, which should fit under the edge of the nail plate. To fix the free edges with adhesive, wrap around the pads and press lightly. The form for the extension is made so that even a beginner can determine the correct position. The main thing is that there are no holes.
Template foil provides the length and shape of the nail, the correct position. If it is set incorrectly, the extended nails will bulge to the side. Check the position of the molds from above and in profile.
- After installing the template, proceed to applying the gel with a small brush. As a result, the nail plate should be covered with a continuous, uniform layer. After turn on the lamp and dry the applied gel under purple rays for 30 seconds. Do not use a hair dryer.
- Then again take the brush and continue the formation of the nail. Extend it according to the pattern, guided by the length gauge. With the help of the mesh, make the length of the nails the same. Then again hold under the lamp for about a minute to completely fix the gel. When the accumulated nail becomes firm, remove the template from under it. It is disposable and is no longer required.
- Using a nail file, smooth out the irregularities and adjust the length. This procedure is carried out immediately or after the extension of all nails. The second option is preferable, because it allows to achieve symmetry.
- I advise you to paint the expanded nails, to paint or to decorate with a decor. Masters to achieve the effect of performing decoration of several types of multi-colored gel. At home, limit to standard staining.
Phased video instruction
In the presence of a good tool, a home buildup using a gel is an achievable task. With the observance of technology, the extended nails keep well, but after a few weeks there will be a need for correction due to the growth of natural nails and the displacement of the gel layer. Make it easy. In the end, extended nails in combination with a hairstyle will make the image unique.
How to grow nails without gel - silk capacity
Silk building helps to get beautiful marigolds. This technology provides a more natural in terms of appearance result. Natural nails receive minimal damage. The basis of silk building is the use of small pieces of silk, fiberglass or artificial silk.
Cosmetic procedure is performed by the master, since novices, due to lack of experience during the buildup, choose an overly aggressive approach to nail treatment or overdo it with the amount of adhesive.
Silk is a light and thin material, serving as an ideal option for brittle and weakened nail plates. Its use does not interfere with natural nails to breathe, which is not the case with gel or acrylic.
Due to the high fragility of silk is not suitable for girls who play sports or manual work. In all other cases, silk buildup is an excellent option.
Advantages and disadvantages of silk nail extensions
In building silk there are advantages, among which: low maintenance costs, excellent repair quality, minimal damage to natural nails. Silk nails look natural and realistic. For comparison, using acrylic to achieve such a result is problematic. Search the Internet for photographs of finished works and compare the results. The difference is noticeable.
Silk buildup and disadvantages are not without. This is a low strength and short-term result. Silk nails hold no longer than a week.
If you decide to increase the nails with silk, I advise you to do it in the salon, which minimizes the likelihood of damage to the natural nails. Otherwise, it will take a long time to perform the operation at home.
- First, clean your natural nails well, degrease and polish them so that the material adheres well to the nail plate. After the marigold cover with a layer of special adhesive.
- Apply a piece of silk fabric on the glue to match the length and shape of the nails you want to get. Using an orange stick, gently smooth the silk and remove the excess with a nail clipper.
- Apply a layer of activator gel. As soon as the coating is dry, sand and varnish as desired. But many beauties refuse to use decorative means, preferring “clean” silk nails.
If with the help of silk extensions, try to cover the damaged nail plate for a while, I do not advise using lacquer. As a result, the damaged nail can grow without difficulty, and you will be able to track growth and, if necessary, make adjustments. Below you will find a video that will reveal the secrets and subtleties of silk extensions.
How to grow nails acrylic
Any beauty salon will offer services for acrylic extensions. Masters will make the nails beautiful and well-groomed, and thanks to the author's design, they are also unique. This kind of procedure can be carried out at home.
Acrylic extension helps to increase the length of nails in apartment conditions and apply a beautiful pattern on the surface. But despite the low complexity of the procedure, one cannot do without preparation and tools.
A cosmetic procedure requires a comfortable working space. All activities and manipulations are conveniently carried out on a spacious table. Such a working surface is enough to place the tools and install the lamp.
- Wash your hands and treat with an alcohol solution. Remember, acrylic buildup is carried out only on a skimmed surface.
- Using an orange stick, remove the cuticle. If this is not done, it will cause a lot of inconvenience, and the nails will be sloppy.
- Using nail files, treat the surface of the nail and eliminate shine. The considered technology involves working with a rough surface. Proceed carefully during the processing of the nail plate, otherwise damage it.
- Glue the short nails on the form and press it so that there are no voids. If you first conduct a cosmetic procedure, I advise you to make nails that are half a centimeter longer than natural.
- The surface of the plastic template to give the desired shape handle file. Next, cover the surface of natural marigold with a degreasing agent and wait until it dries.
- The next stage involves working with a brush and acrylic powder. Brush soak in monomer, and then from the powder, make acrylic lumps. Make small strokes using pressure.
- Spread the lump on the plate to make a film, the thickness of which should increase towards the edge of the nail. The extended nail at the tip should be thicker than above the natural.
- The next step is to smooth out acrylic nails with a brush and monomer. Do not forget, on this surface will subsequently design.
- After drying, process with nail files and polish. It will remain with the help of varnish to apply the image on the surface. Under the influence of ultraviolet acrylic nails turn yellow. Therefore, protect them from such radiation.
With the help of the above instructions, you without any problems, grow marigolds without the help of a wizard. During creation of design the classical manicure set and varnish of several colors will be required. Just remember, acrylic does not like decorative tools, which include acetone, as this substance destroys its structure.
Can pregnant women grow nails
A woman always seeks to look unbeatable and the period of carrying a baby is no exception. By and large, this cosmetic procedure during pregnancy is harmless. In the materials for building there are chemical compounds that can theoretically harm the unborn child, but their concentration is not enough for this.
Pregnant women are not allowed to carry out the procedure when using quality materials. In their composition should not be methyl methacrylate - a substance that is prohibited in the territory of America and Europe. At high concentrations, it leads to serious disruptions in the development of the fetus. At the same time, Korean and Chinese manufacturers still use it.
Pregnancy is a crucial period. Therefore, I advise you to carry out the procedure in a room with ventilation. Use all sorts of antiseptics. During the procedure, the future mother is recommended to be in a medical mask, and after completion wash your hands and rinse your nose.
- When pregnancy is not prohibited to use the gel to build. It does not have a strong odor, but evaporates during solidification. Before admission to the maternity hospital, be sure to remove the accrued nails, as doctors will examine the nail plates.
- As for acrylic, it is characterized by a strong odor. Therefore, the build should be in conditions of enhanced ventilation. Otherwise, breathe in pairs, which will not benefit you or the unborn child.
During pregnancy, the structure of nails under the influence of hormones changes. As a result, the nail plate girls become brittle or strong. As for extended nails, they are poorly attached and easily rejected.
I do not advise to build up in this interesting period and wait with beauty until better times. Nail dust causes severe irritation of the nasal mucosa and leads to an allergic reaction. Due to calcium deficiency, natural nails become brittle, which once again proves the undesirability of the procedure.
Care for extended nails
Easy care. Periodically visit a beauty salon and make a correction. The master will easily and quickly correct the length and apply the material to the part that has grown.
Between salon visits, take care of your extended nails. It's easy, if you follow the generally accepted rules.
- If in the arsenal there is no nail polish remover, which does not include acetone, be sure to buy. Acetone is a solvent that can ruin the appearance of accumulated marigolds.
- Wear rubber gloves when using aggressive detergents. They will protect the nail plate and skin of the hands from the damaging effects of chemistry.
- Often in the intervals between visits to the salon there is a need for processing the edges of the nails. Nail files used in the case of natural nails will not work because of their high softness. Need sawing, which have low abrasive characteristics.
- Artificial seem durable, but this does not mean that they can not be broken. I do not advise them to pinch, press down or gnaw. Damage accrued plate, you provide a natural nail a lot of trouble.
- The materials used in building are not friendly with high temperature, the impact of which leads to the appearance of cracks and yellowness. This does not mean that you need to abandon the sauna or solarium. The main thing is not to subject them to a sharp change in temperature.
- After building the cuticle grows more slowly. Sometimes it is necessary to remove it yourself. It is better not to resort to the mechanical method, damage the nail. Buy a special tool for the removal of cuticles. Apply it on the skin that is adjacent to the nail, wait a bit, and then move it away with a wooden stick.
- Regularly moisturize the skin around the nails with oils. Penetrating deep, they nourish the nail plate and improve growth.
In conclusion, I will add that it is not recommended to self-remove accumulated nails. It is better to wait a bit and look at the salon, rather than for a long time to treat damaged nails.