Presbyopia - so called in medicine the natural process of vision deterioration with age. At about the age of forty, sclerotic changes occur in the lens. As a result, the nucleus is compacted, which impairs the ability of the eyes to see objects normally. Therefore, we have to read using glasses.
Causes of age vision loss
TV, computer, texts, documents, bright light - the main causes of visual impairment. It is difficult to find a person who does not face such problems.
In this part of the article we consider the factors contributing to the deterioration of vision. I hope you will find information in the material that will help protect your eyes and take care of your health.
Low activity of the eye muscles. The ability to see images of objects and objects depends on the light-sensitive part of the eyes, the retina and the change in the curvature of the lens, which due to the ciliary muscles becomes flat or convex depending on the distance of the object.
If you stare at the monitor screen or text for a long time, the muscles that control the lens will become weak and lethargic. Constantly develop eye muscles through exercise. Alternately concentrate on nearby and distant objects.
Retinal aging. The cells of the retina contain light-sensitive pigments, through which a person sees. With age, the pigments are destroyed and visual acuity decreases. To slow down aging, eat foods rich in vitamin “A” - eggs, fish, milk, carrots and meat. Do not neglect fatty fish or meat. Be sure to include blueberries in the diet. It has a substance that restores the visual pigment.
Poor circulation. The cells of the body breathe and feed through the blood vessels. The retina is the most tender organ that receives damage even with minor circulatory disorders. Ophthalmologists during the examination of the fundus are looking for this kind of violation.
Impaired blood circulation of the retina leads to serious diseases. Therefore, it is recommended to visit doctors regularly. The doctor will prescribe medications that will improve the condition of the blood vessels. Developed diets that support blood circulation in a healthy state. It does not hurt to protect blood vessels, abandoning a long stay in saunas and steam rooms.
High eye strain. Retinal cells take damage when exposed to bright light and from tension in low light conditions. Solve the problem will help protect the eyes from the sun with the help of glasses. Do not read or consider tiny objects in poor light. And reading in transport is a bad habit.
Dryness of the mucous membrane. The clarity of vision also depends on the purity of transparent shells that transmit a ray of light reflected from objects. They are washed by the liquid. In the case of dry eyes, a person sees worse.
To restore the sharpness of his vision will help crying. If you are not able to cause tears or do not want to cry, use special drops. In composition, they resemble tears and moisturize eyes well.
Video interview with the doctor
Visual impairment during pregnancy
Pregnancy affects the systems and organs of the female body, including the organs of vision. Visual impairment during pregnancy is not the most serious problem. Often the phenomenon is the result of a disease that causes great harm to the fetus, so it is recommended to visit an oculist in the first trimester regularly.
Difficult pregnancy is accompanied by a high load on the heart, which leads to changes in the blood supply to the organs and narrowing of the retinal vessels. At high pressure, retinal haemorrhage occurs, leading to detachment.
If symptoms occur, respond promptly. Red eyes - a superficial symptom of serious processes taking place inside the eye. Ophthalmoscopy helps to detect them.
Affects hormonal vision adjustment. Increased hormone levels affect the protein shell of the eyes, which leads to deterioration of vision. After childbirth, the symptoms will disappear, so no need to resort to the use of glasses or lenses.
If pregnancy is not accompanied by pathologies, problems with visual acuity bring temporary discomfort. It is about dryness, irritation and eyestrain. All because of the excess hormones. With a sharp decrease in visual acuity or the appearance of bright sparks before the eyes, be alert.
- Often the cause of the deterioration of vision is the rearrangement of hormones. In this case, treatment is not required. After birth, everything is normal. Many doctors recommend correcting the vision during pregnancy planning, since health problems are more difficult to treat than prevention.
- If before conceiving a child there was dystrophy, take a course of laser coagulation. It is allowed to be carried out during the first 36 weeks. With this, do not tighten, otherwise vaginal delivery is not recommended. Physical attempts can lead to separation or rupture of the retina.
If you regularly watch TV, sit at a computer for a long time, or read books in the evening, periodically make pauses. During a break, do exercises or massage your eyes.
Visual impairment in diabetes
People with diabetes often face visual impairment problems. Often, excessive blood sugar levels lead to unpleasant results in the form of complete or partial blindness. Every diabetic is recommended to constantly monitor the state of vision.
Consider the deterioration of vision in diabetes with the mechanism of the effect of glucose on the state of the eyes. Strong blood sugar jumps adversely affect the structure of the lens and the structure of the grid of eye vessels. This impairs vision and provokes the emergence of serious diseases such as glaucoma and cataracts.
If you notice that flashes, sparks and blackouts appear in front of your eyes, and while reading a letter go to a dance, go to an optometrist. Keep this advice in mind and do not forget that diabetics are a potential risk group for problems with visual acuity.
Consider eye diseases that are likely to occur in a diabetic. Events evolve in different scenarios, but it all starts with an increase in sugar. Glucose greatly changes the structure of the lens and adversely affects the state of the vessels in the eye area.
- Cataract. With the disease the lens darkens and darkens. The first messenger of a cataract is the inability to focus the gaze on a light source, accompanied by a blurred and fuzzy picture. Surgery helps to cope with the scourge.
- Glaucoma. Another problem that awaits diabetics. The cause of the disease is high pressure inside the eye. In diabetes, fluid accumulates inside the eye, which disrupts the integrity of nerves and blood vessels. The main symptom of glaucoma are fuzzy contours of objects in peripheral vision. To overcome the disease is possible only in the early stages of development.
- Retinopathy. The disease leads to blindness. During the development of the disease, damage to the walls of the eye vessels is observed, which reduces blood flow to the retina. The disease manifests by clouding of the image and the appearance of point eclipses. For the fight used laser coagulation of the retina or surgery.
Visual impairment in diabetes is not a reason for despair. Many face similar difficulties, but proper nutrition and regular checkups with an eye specialist will help to avoid serious problems.
Sharp visual impairment - symptoms and causes
Often, visual impairment is temporary. Stress, sleep deprivation and fatigue, eye strain lead to this state. To solve the problem, it is recommended to go on a summer vacation, relax and bring back to normal daily routine.
It does not hurt to look to the ophthalmologist, if there is a sharp deterioration in vision. Consider the causes of this phenomenon.
- Injuries. Eyeball injuries, hemorrhages, thermal and chemical burns, ingress of external bodies in the eye socket. It is considered dangerous to injure an eye with a cutting or piercing object.
- Farsightedness. Unpleasant pathology, when the vision of objects near deteriorates. Accompanying various diseases and is characterized by a decrease in the ability of the eye lens to change shape.
- Myopia. Pathology in which vision deteriorates when viewing independent objects. Often cause hereditary factors, injuries that change the position of the lens and disrupt the shape, weak muscles.
- Hemorrhage. Causes of hemorrhage - high blood pressure, venous congestion, fragility of blood vessels, physical exertion, attempts at childbirth, poor blood clotting.
- Diseases of the lens. Cataract, accompanied by clouding of the lens. The disease is caused by age-related changes, impaired metabolism or injury.
- Corneal Diseases. We are talking about inflammation of the cornea, which is caused by toxic substances, fungal and viral infections, ulcers.
- Retinal diseases. Gaps and detachments. This is also caused by the defeat of the yellow spot, which is the zone where the greatest number of receptors sensitive to light is concentrated.
The factors and causes that lead to a sharp deterioration in vision are serious, so at the first sign of the disease, immediately go to an ophthalmologist.
How to treat blurred vision
Now let's talk about the treatment.
- First of all, go to the optometrist. He will get acquainted with complaints, examine the eye and conduct computer diagnostics, which will help to carefully examine the vision.
- Regardless of the diagnosis made by the doctor, arrange a respite for the eyes. Do not load, especially if the doctor has discovered a problem. Minimize the duration of watching TV and working at the computer, because interaction with technology is detrimental to the eyes.
- Go for a walk or sit out with friends in the cafeteria. If you do not plan to leave the house, replace the watching of the TV show by general cleaning, washing or revision of things.
- Charging that you do three times a day will help restore sight. For this purpose, a simple exercise is provided - switch the vision from nearby objects to distant objects.
- Take medication prescribed by a doctor, be it drops or vitamin preparations. Be sure to change the diet, making a number of useful products.
- Achievement of the goal will help and folk remedies, including valerian infusion. Fifty grams of powder made from Valerian root, pour a liter of wine and wait two weeks. Strain the infusion, drink a spoon three times a day.
- A good tool that improves vision, is the collection of eyebrows, cornflowers and calendula. Combine the herbs in equal amounts and steam in the oven for 2 hours. Before bedtime from Napara make lotions.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle that has a positive effect on vision. It provides a whole set of measures, the observance of which is mandatory in life, and not only in the case of impaired vision.
- Get enough sleep, follow the daily regimen, eat right and balanced, go for walks, use vitamins. Refuse from alcohol and cigarettes, the impact of which on the state of the eyes is detrimental.
The instruction that we reviewed is simple. But if you follow all the points, you will be able to restore visual acuity and avoid serious problems with your eyes.
Prevention of vision impairment at home
Many believe that if the vision deteriorates, then prevention at home will not help. This is not true. The correct approach will help stop the development of the problem or prevent its occurrence.
Take breaks at work. If you have to work at a computer for a long time or watch TV, try to pause for 20 minutes in two hours. As part of the break, do eye exercises or look out the window, switching to distant vision. Remember, people suffering from computer addiction get eye problems.
Get enough sleep. The duration of sleep is ideally 7 hours. During this time, the eyes rest, even after a strong strain.
Take vitamins. Special vitamin complexes are sold to maintain eye health.
Use special glasses when working with computer equipment. Glasses do not interfere in sunny weather. Using a fashion accessory, decorate your look and protect your eyes from sunlight.
Take care of your vision and take possible steps to prevent deterioration.