Every inhabitant of the Central Asian region knows perfectly well how to cook beshbarmak at home. In these countries, meals are usually prepared for holidays in large cauldrons on a fire.
The classic recipe for lamb
For a classic recipe you need lamb. Horse meat can also be used, but it is problematic to purchase it, and there is no particular need for such meat.
I will share secrets, subtleties, tips and tricks, knowledge of which will help to become a true professional in the preparation of this refinement.
- Lamb - 1.5 kg.
- Onion - 200 g
- Water - 5 liters.
- Egg - 1 pc.
- Flour - 3 cups.
- Ice water - 200 ml.
- Salt and spices.
- Put a whole piece of lamb on the bones in a thick-walled pot and pour five liters of water. After boiling in the broth put spices and chopped onions. I use coriander, laurel and a mixture of peppers. Be guided by your tastes.
- Boil at least three hours on low heat, constantly collecting foam. I do not recommend to cover the dishes with a lid. This will adversely affect the quality and transparency of the finished broth.
- Since the meat is cooked for a long time, let's cook noodles. Mix one chicken egg with a pinch of salt and a glass of cold water, and then beat with a mixer. In the egg mixture gradually enter the flour and knead the dough by hand.
- Divide the dough into several parts and make them cakes, the diameter of which corresponds to the size of the pan. Each fry in a pan without oil. Readiness is indicated by brown spots and a beige tint. After removing the cake from the pan, cut into medium-sized diamonds.
- When the lamb is cooked, gently remove from the pan, remove the bones, cool and chop. In a separate bowl bring to the boil part of the broth and lower the noodles. In about three minutes she will be ready.
- Put meat on a large deep dish and top noodles. At the very end pour the broth and decorate with greens.
If your loved ones are fans of Kazakh cuisine or they just wanted to try something new, you can satisfy their gastronomic needs. If you like European cuisine, pay attention to meat in French.
Beef preparation method
- Veal (beef) - 600 g.
- Onions - 3 heads.
- Carrot - 1 pc.
- Green - 100 g
- Flour - 3 cups.
- Egg - 1 pc.
- Water - 1 cup.
- Vegetable oil, spices and salt.
- Pour two liters of water into a medium saucepan, pour out the washed beef and turn on the fire. After boiling, remove the foam, put coarsely chopped onion and carrot. Add a little salt, cook on low heat for three hours.
- While cooking veal, cook noodles. In an egg bowl, pour a glass of water, add a spoonful of butter and beat everything well. Mix the salt and gradually introduce the flour. Cover the resulting elastic dough with a towel and leave for half an hour.
- Roll out the dough and cut into diamonds. The width of one side of the test figure is within five centimeters. To facilitate the procedure, initially divide the mass into parts.
- Remove the finished veal from the broth and cut into slices. In beef broth send two onions, sliced into rings, and, boiling a little, put on a plate.
- Pour half of the broth into a separate container, and cook noodles in the remaining spicy liquid. It will remain to move the noodles on a large dish, put the pieces of meat on top.
Ready beshbarmak served to the table with onion rings and hot broth in a separate container, seasoned with greens.
The tricks and subtleties to which you have accessed will help to prepare the dish without problems. With free time, inspiration and recipes, you can please the guests with Kazakh delights.
In each country, beshbarmak is brewed in its own way, and, guided by personal and national preferences, they add spices, greens, potatoes, fish or meat. The taste of the dish is directly dependent on the amount of time spent, since it is impossible to cook beshbarmak quickly.
The soup is based on meat, broth and noodles cooked in it. In some cases, cooks use pork. Even from it the fantastic result turns out. To enjoy the true taste of the masterpiece, it is recommended hands.
- Pork - 1 kg.
- Onions - 2 heads.
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Flour - 600 g
- Eggs - 2 pcs.
- Water - 1 cup.
- Salt, pepper, laurel, greens.
- Rinse the pork and put in a whole piece in a medium saucepan, add water and cook for three hours. To get a clear broth, salt at the end of cooking and constantly remove the foam.
- Somewhere an hour before the end of cooking in the broth send a whole onion, carrot, laurel and pepper. Ready-made vegetables are a must-get, as they are only required to add flavor.
- It's time to make the dough. Beat the eggs into the flour, pour in some broth and add a pinch of salt. After kneading the mass wrap in cling film and leave for half an hour. Then carefully roll out and cut into strips, which are then cut into diamonds or squares.
- Remove the pork from the broth, and carefully strain the liquid back onto the stove. After boiling, lower the blanks from the dough, add the pepper and cook a little.
- Fry the onion cut into rings to a golden hue. Put dough on a wide dish and pork pieces in the center. Together with beshbarmak serve broth in a small bowl, seasoned with spices and sprinkled with herbs.
How to cook beshbarmak from chicken
As I have already said, beshbarmak is customary to cook from horse meat, lamb or beef. But it is much easier to get fresh chicken.
I will present a simple recipe, thanks to which it will be possible to independently recreate a nourishing, fragrant and incredibly tasty masterpiece, which must be served on a large dish or in portions. Broth is traditionally served to the table in a separate container, although it is often poured directly into a plate of noodles and meat.
If earlier it was not necessary to cook Kazakh beshbarmak, I advise you to strictly adhere to the recipe. Having a little experience, you can make changes to the technology, add vegetables and seasonings to taste.
- Chicken - 1 kg.
- Onions - 3 heads.
- Flour - 2 cups.
- Egg - 3 pcs.
- Broth - 0.75 cup.
- Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp. spoons.
- Salt, herbs, spices.
- Wash the chicken carcass thoroughly, cut it into pieces, put it in a saucepan. Meat pour water. After boiling, remove the foam, reduce the heat, cook for about two hours. At the end of chicken broth, salt and spice up your favorite spices.
- While the chicken is boiling, knead the dough. Add a little salt in a suitable container, beat the eggs, pour in the vegetable oil together with the cooled broth and mix everything. Pour the flour, knead the dough, which is then wrapped in a film and sent to the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Mass get and divided into several parts. Each roll into a thin layer, cut into diamonds, give a little lie on the board to dry.
- Onion cut into half rings and fry in oil almost until tender. Pour five spoons of broth into the frying pan and, with the lid on, then sweat the onions for a few minutes.
- Boiled chicken to get and cool. Remove the bones and put the flesh on the dish. Pour half of the broth into another saucepan, boil and use to make noodles.
- Put the onion and noodles on top of the meat, pour over the onion gravy, sprinkle with chopped greens.
If there is no chicken, replace it with duck meat or rabbit. The result is virtually unchanged.
Delving into history, it is difficult to understand where and when beshbarmak came up. It is only known that the soup of meat and noodles is popular among people living in Central Asia, and not a single festive celebration was held without it.
Previously, they cooked delicacies of lamb, camel meat, or horse meat. The meat was traditionally prepared by men who slaughtered cattle, butchered carcasses and put them into large boilers. The noodles were kneaded by women. Figured noodles are an important element of beshbarmak.
Nowadays beshbarmak is made from various types of meat according to a huge number of recipes. The classic version allows you to go on an exciting journey into the past, and new ingredients make an unimaginable taste.