In the article I will tell you how to make a paste from water and flour at home. Surely the material will be useful, because every person sometimes has to do repairs in the apartment.
Classic flour paste
If in time you decide to refresh the interior of the dwelling, you will have to remove the old wallpaper. Make it easy if they are glued to the paste. It is enough to moisten the walls with water, and the wallpaper will easily move away. On the surface of the walls will not remain roughness and irregularities.
To prepare, take 6 liters of water and a two-liter jar of flour.
- Pour six liters of water into a large enamel bowl, put on gas and boil. In the boiling water pour the flour, slowly stirring the mass. For 6 liters of liquid take a two-liter jar of flour.
- The consistency of the solution should be homogeneous, and in terms of density, the quality paste resembles a batter. Cool the prepared mass and pass through cheesecloth. After that, it is ready for use.
To make a quality paste from water and flour, add a little pre-heated wood glue to the composition. Just remember, the substance can leave yellow spots on the wallpaper. Use it when pasting walls with high-quality dense wallpaper.
Anoint the walls with hot paste, and to coat the wallpaper - cooled. Shelf life homemade adhesive - one day.
Wallpaper, pasted through paste, will be held securely. If you want to protect your home from fleas, bedbugs, moths and other insects, add a little karbofos to the composition.
How to make a paste from flour for paper mache
Handicraft is a stylish, fashionable and environmentally friendly activity. If there is fantasy and disused paper, set up a real papier-mâché factory at home. Newspapers, notebooks and even toilet paper are great for this purpose.
There are two ways to make papier-mâché at home. The first one involves pasting the pre-fabricated form, the second one is based on the formation of an object from mastic.
Any creative process involves assiduity and a step-by-step action plan. First prepare the material. Newspapers and other paper tear into small pieces. All family members can participate in this process. Teamwork rallies. While working, you can listen to music or watch movies.
Having prepared the required amount of material, switch to the manufacture of glue. Wheat flour and wood glue will be needed, which gives an acceptable viscosity and fast curing.
- Making a paste at home is reminiscent of cooking custard. Pour two glasses of water into a small bowl, bring to a boil and gradually add flour, stirring with a fork. Two hundred grams of flour is enough.
- To prevent lumps, cook the glue over low heat. After the mass, drain and combine with four tablespoons of wood glue.
- Leave the paste for two to three hours to cool completely.
This kind of paste is used everywhere if papier-mâché is made on the basis of a mold.
Thanks to home glue, you can easily create wonderful toys at home, which, after drying and painting with acrylics or paints, will occupy a worthy place on one of the shelves and will become a wonderful interior decoration.
It often takes several days to make one toy. To not have to re-do the paste, store it in the refrigerator. Under low temperature conditions, it will retain its quality for several days, and then will be covered with mold and will lose its stickiness.
The correct paste flour for wallpaper
During repairs in the apartment, many use wallpaper and ordinary glue, which is sold in hardware stores, for wall decoration. However, home-made paste of water and flour does not lose popularity.
Previously, people covered the walls of houses with a layer of oil paint or primed with linseed oil. Purchased glue diffuses poorly with surfaces of this type. Consequently, you need a substance that can work normally in such conditions, for example, flour paste.
Cooked pasta has only one drawback - poor resistance to moisture, which is eliminated with the help of additives. The list of the merits of the composition is presented by convenience in work and ease of removing the wallpaper.
Traditionally, flour and wood glue are used for cooking, which provides excellent contact with almost all types of surface. These ingredients will replace starch and PVA glue. The result will not deteriorate.
For the manufacture of paste need one liter of water and 200 grams of low-grade flour. I do not recommend using the highest grade flour, as it is unable to provide good stickiness.
- After sifting, add a little water to the flour and mix, crushing the lumps. If cheap flour is not found, take potato or corn starch.
- Cook the resulting composition. In a solution of thin stream pour boiling water until the volume of the mixture is equal to one liter. If the paste turns out to be very thick, increase the amount of water.
- To make the adhesive work with the painted surfaces, add a little wood glue. Boil the mixture over low heat until tiny bubbles appear on the surface.
- At the end of cooking the composition is thoroughly filtered to get rid of lumps. When the composition has cooled, remove the film from the surface that appeared during the cooling.
Make a paste for wallpaper before use, because the adhesive qualities occur at a temperature of forty degrees. Keep your home glue in a cool place, it loses warm performance.
To increase the shelf life in a homemade paste, add a little carbolic acid. Ten liters of adhesive take twenty-five grams of the substance.
Now there is a great opportunity to save on the purchase of glue. If there are no problems with finances, buy factory adhesive, and let the flour in the preparation of pancakes.
How to make wallpaper starch paste
Contrary to the wide range of adhesives offered by building materials stores, starch paste is still widely used for priming walls, creating paper applications, insulating windows and decorating walls with wallpaper.
The main advantage of homemade starch paste is transparency. The composition does not leave marks and stains even on delicate paper. If the paper glued with this tool has to be removed, this is easy to do with warm water.
The main thing is not to make a mistake with the amount of starch. On a bucket of liquid, I take no more than a kilogram of powder. This ratio of ingredients will make an almost perfect paste of starch.
- First prepare the starch. Thoroughly sift, which will minimize the likelihood of lumps. Pour the prepared raw material with warm water and mix. The result will be a mass resembling a batter.
- In the starch slurry will enter the water in a thin and continuous stream. For this purpose, I recommend using a kettle. Stir the mixture thoroughly until smooth. Stir intensively with the use of a long stick, breaking all the lumps. After brewing, the paste will become transparent. When cooled, it becomes thicker.
- Strain the hot mass gently. For this purpose, a sieve or colander made with gauze is ideal. In the finished adhesive composition should not remain lumps. Otherwise, the result of further work will turn out to be unsatisfactory.
- Kleister is characterized by poor resistance to moisture. To increase the adhesive ability in the composition include industrial additives. There is enough glass of wood glue on the bucket of the mixture.
Cope with the task, if you correctly calculate the amount of raw materials. Remember, boiling water or powder cannot be added to the finished mixture. Since the adhesive ability of the product is rapidly decreasing, do not stock up.
The prepared mixture is suitable for priming walls painted with oil paint. However, in this case, you should not use industrial additives, as the composition enriched by them will leave contamination on paper. If you suffer from problematic facial skin, try to keep the composition with additives on it did not fall.
Buy wallpaper glue is easy. For any type of wall covering there is a suitable mixture. However, sometimes there is no opportunity to buy glue, and the work needs to be completed urgently. One way out of this situation is the independent preparation of paste. I shared technologies, instructions and step-by-step recipes from flour and starch. Now highlight the six main advantages of home formulations.
- Low cost.
- Even thin wallpaper does not soak from the mixture. Low chance of damage during bonding.
- Excellent adhesion of the paste to various surfaces.
- After drying, homemade glue does not appear stains and do not leave marks.
- The frozen composition is durable.
- Easy disassembly of wallpaper.
I hope in the process of reading the material you have discovered something new, useful and interesting. See you!