Cancer is a water inhabitant. He lives in fresh or sea water, and sometimes he adapts to life on earth: land crabs or hermit crabs. All kinds of crustaceans are an important part of fishing. We are talking about the extraction of shrimp, lobster and crabs, which are in demand among seafood lovers.
How to cook crayfish
For cooking take live crayfish. They are washed in running water and kept for half an hour in milk to improve the taste. "Milk bath" makes the meat tender and juicy. Then they are re-washed in cold water and cooked.
Some cooks take out the intestines and stomach before cooking, which will save the meat from the signs of bitterness. This is done like this: the cancer is turned over onto its back, grabbed with two fingers, and the stomach and intestines are removed with rotational movements.
- For cooking you need a roomy saucepan, salt and dill. On dill and salt, I advise you not to save. Norm salt - 1 UF. salt per liter of water.
- Fans of more spicy flavor add peppercorns, about 10 pieces and bay leaf - 5-7 pieces.
- Usually 12 crayfish, 10-12 cm in size, are taken per liter of water. If the crayfish are less than 10 cm, more are taken.
- Spices are thrown into boiling water, then crayfish. They take two fingers behind the back, so that the claw does not grab the finger.
- The fire must be strong. When the water boils, turn it down to medium.
- The preparation is monitored as the water often runs off with the contents.
- After 10 minutes the fire is turned off and kept under the lid closed for another 10 minutes. After crayfish reach and spread on a dish, decorated with lemon slices and dill branches.
Complicating or loading spices is not worth it, in preparing the main thing - the taste of meat. After a couple of attempts to cook crayfish, it will be clear how much and what to add to the pan.
Unusual Cooking Recipes
In boiled water spread onion sliced in half, dill, pepper and peas, for a special taste add black currant leaves.
Live crayfish are placed in a pot of boiling water, boiled for at least 25 minutes (the duration of cooking depends on the size). Cook until they blush. Served crayfish to beer, laid out on a flat dish.
Cook crayfish in beer - 2 recipes
Recipe - 1
The preparation process does not differ from the previous ones, only water is diluted with beer, in a 1: 1 ratio. Also cook crayfish in kvass.
Recipe - 2
Unusual are crayfish, cooked in beer with lard. The crayfish is dipped into boiling water, and after larding, the bacon is cut into slices. Then squeeze lemon juice into a saucepan, add mustard and mix. Sprinkle with fresh dill and cover with a lid. Cook until fully cooked.
Crayfish in milk
Patience is required more, but the result is incredible.
- Cancers are soaked in milk for 3 hours, then taken out and washed in cold water. Milk is not poured.
- Crayfish spread in boiling, boiled water, where added dill.
- Cook until cooked, after the water is drained and poured milk in which they were soaked.
- After boiling milk, remove the pan from the heat, crayfish spread on a dish and decorated with dill.
Sour cream sauce or dairy is suitable for such a dish.
Crayfish boiled in cucumber pickle
It turns savory taste.
- Crayfish are boiled, as in previous recipes until ready, the water is drained and poured into the pan brine.
- As soon as the pickle boils, add 7 tablespoons of sour cream.
- After the crayfish are taken out and served on the table with sour cream sauce, in which they are cooked.
If crayfish are not supposed to be consumed immediately after cooking, they are kept in brine, otherwise the meat will lose juiciness.
Recipes for appetizers and crayfish-based dishes
In addition to the traditional cooking of crayfish, they are baked in the oven or on the fire. Let's look at 7 separate crayfish dishes.
Crayfish in the oven
For roasting in the oven take medium crayfish.
- Pour some butter on a baking sheet and lay out the previously washed crayfish.
- Sprinkle with seasoning and send in a cold oven, setting the temperature to 200 degrees.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, then served to the table.
Crayfish on fire
Also crayfish baked on the fire. This is one of the ideal cooking solutions in nature.
- The crayfish are washed and dried.
- Each is wrapped in foil for baking and put in hot coals of the fire.
- Prepare 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of the crayfish and the temperature of the coal.
Crayfish boil one of the known methods (boiled meat should be about 300 g).
- Small onion and carrot cut into cubes, celery finely chopped with a knife.
- Onions spread in heated butter, fried, add carrots and celery.
- Hot chicken broth (0.5 liters) and the same amount of water are poured into the pan.
- After boiling broth throw chopped crayfish meat, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Add some coriander and thyme to taste, boil for 30 minutes.
- To make the soup a smooth consistency, beat with a blender.
- In another saucepan, mix the butter with a tablespoon of flour until smooth, pour in the filtered soup and bring to a boil.
- At the last moment add chopped greens, salt, hot pepper (for an amateur), half a glass of cream, lime juice.
The soup will be delicious!
Crayfish cream soup
- In the pan is placed a finely chopped onion of medium size, chicken broth, about 0.5 liters. Stew on low heat for 10 minutes.
- In a pan place 2 tbsp. butter, whip 2 tablespoons. flour. Beat until the mass of the consistency will not be like sour cream.
- Beating, gradually pour in broth, hot milk (2 cups), salt, pepper to taste, peeled boiled, finely chopped crayfish (500 g).
- Soup, stirring constantly, bring to a boil, but do not allow to boil.
- Poured into plates, decorated with a solid cancer neck and chopped greens, immediately served with croutons.
Video cooking cream soup
For snacks you will need 10 crayfish, a glass of white wine, 2 tbsp. butter, salt, pepper, cumin.
- The crayfish are washed and dried. Butter is heated in a saucepan, as soon as it boils, spread crayfish and fry until it becomes pink.
- Salt, pepper, add a little cumin, pour wine and cover with a lid, continuing to cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Prepare the sauce. Broth, where they cooked crayfish, filter, add a spoonful of butter and a spoonful of flour. The sauce is boiled for a minute, and when it thickens, add a spoonful of butter, wait for it to melt, then stir well with a wooden spatula or spoon.
Crayfish are watered with creamy sauce and served. To add extravagance, decorate the dish with olives, herbs and vegetables.
Quite simple to prepare, but extremely tasty and fragrant pilaf made of crayfish.
- Combine 2 cups of rice (pre-boiled until half cooked) with half a cup of sliced olives, well chopped onion, 1 sweet pepper (cut in cubes), add 3 cups of crushed boiled crawfish and half a cup of grated cheese.
- Ingredients are mixed and placed in a baking dish. In a saucepan, melt the butter (3 tablespoons), gradually add the same amount of flour, whipping with a whisk. Stir and fry for about a minute.
- To the flour add 2 cups of milk, while continuing to stir, keep on fire for another 2 minutes.
- Poured rice with sauce and put in the oven for half an hour until golden brown crust.
Finished pilaf is poured with melted butter, sprinkled with fresh herbs on top and served immediately to the table.
Rice with crayfish
- Cancers are boiled and cleaned. Well washed with water, the shell is dried in the microwave, then crushed as small as possible, some use a coffee grinder.
- Spread the butter in a pan, add the cancerous shell and fry the butter until reddish, stirring.
- The oil is passed through a small strainer and fried rice to brownish on it. Only then add water (in the ratio of 1 cup of rice 3 glasses of water), salt, tightly cover with a lid.
- Kept over low heat until cooked rice, poured periodically water.
- At the end of cooking add nutmeg.
Cancer necks are cut, spread on top of rice, sprinkled with herbs and served to the table.
A small fraction of what can be cooked from crayfish is offered to the readers. For the preparation of various snacks, the main thing is to learn how to cook crayfish, and then you can pamper guests with delights.