Hello dear readers! The article will start with the fact that Brussels sprouts are a very useful vegetable. However, most housewives do not know how to cook Brussels sprouts tasty. In vain, since there are a lot of vitamins in it, and according to taste characteristics it is not inferior to color or white color.
Brussels sprouts in the oven
I dare to suggest that you, dear readers, not everyone knows how to cook Brussels sprouts in the oven. Now I will fix it, revealing a wonderful recipe.
- Brussels sprouts - 500 g
- olive oil - 50 ml.
- garlic - 2 cloves
- bread crumbs - 0.5 glass
- pepper, thyme, salt.
- In the first place, head to wash and cut in half.
- Cut the cabbage into a saucepan and pour water over it to cover the vegetables. I put the pot on the fire and cook for two minutes. Then I drain the water.
- Olive oil mixed with squeezed garlic and thyme.
- Brussels sprouts roll in oil, salt and sprinkle with pepper. Then I send the vegetables in a baking dish and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- I put a baking tray with seasoned cabbage in the oven, preheated to 200 degrees. I bake for half an hour.
Finally, I add, it takes me 35 minutes to prepare the dish. This means that in the case of unexpected guests, you will quickly prepare a tasty and original treat and you will not find yourself in an unpleasant situation.
Brussels sprouts with champignons
Once I wanted to please my family with a wonderful and tasty dish. A friend told the recipe of Brussels sprouts with mushrooms. I note that all members of my large family are crazy about this dish. I hope you enjoy it too.
- Brussels sprouts - 500 g
- vegetable broth - 400 ml.
- champignons - 300 g
- onion - 2 heads
- garlic - 3 cloves
- lemon juice, parsley, ground pepper, salt, vegetable oil.
- I wash my cabbage well and remove the yellowed leaves. I leave the small cabbages whole and cut the big ones in half.
- I pour water into a saucepan, bring it to a boil, add lemon juice and salt. Then I send the cabbage into the dishes and boil it for 10 minutes after boiling. After that I boil the boiled cabbage into a colander.
- Onion peel and cut into thin strips. Peel the garlic and finely chop.
- Mushrooms wash and cut into small pieces. If they are not, oyster mushrooms fit. I send them to a heated pan and add a little salt. Fry until golden color.
- With a spoon with holes, I remove mushrooms from the pan. I add some oil and onions to the dish. Fry over low heat until soft.
- Mushrooms combine with onions and chopped garlic and mix well. The mixture is sprinkled with flour.
- Pour in vegetable broth and heat. Stir in the sauce until it becomes thick. Add salt and pepper.
- It remains to add the cabbage, mix and cover with a lid. A few minutes later the dish is ready.
Before serving, the finished dish I sprinkle with chopped parsley. I usually use pasta or rice as a side dish. Not rarely served treat with mashed potatoes.
Brussels sprout casserole
Housewives prepare a variety of dishes from this wonderful vegetable. I'll tell you the casserole recipe. I can say with confidence that the dish will appeal to both the ordinary eater and the real gourmet. In addition, it is an excellent option for the New Year's menu.
- Brussels sprouts - 4 heads
- minced meat - 150 g
- tomato paste - 200 g
- onion - 400 g
- hard cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Pour some water into a saucepan, add cabbage, salt and boil for 10 minutes.
- Finely chopped onion fry in a pan until a blush appears, add tomato paste, spices, minced meat and salt.
- Fry the resulting mass until the mince is ready. After that, pour in sour cream and carcass to boil.
- Boiled cabbage box in a baking sheet. Top spread the contents of the pan and add the grated cheese. I bake in the oven for 10 minutes, until the cheese melts.
Finally, I note, in the menu of modern European restaurants there are dishes that include Brussels sprouts. Every chef knows how to make a casserole. Now you know about it.
Notably, most of these dishes include cream. Thanks to the cream, the taste of Brussels sprouts becomes more tender and refined.
Brussels sprouts salad recipe
The salad cooked according to my recipe is an excellent side dish for pork. Small cats of Brussels sprouts contain a lot of vitamins, protein and potassium, but they contain little fiber. It is perfect for diet food. Moreover, it is recommended to be eaten by people who suffer from cardiovascular diseases and hypertension.
Brussels sprouts contain many chemicals, carotenes and minerals that heal the body and prevent disease.
- Brussels sprouts - 500 g
- Apple - 1 pc.
- lemon juice - 2 tsp.
- sour cream - 50 ml.
- banana - 0.5 pcs.
- sage, white pepper, salt.
- From Brussels sprouts, I remove the top leaves, wash and cut the cabbages into four pieces.
- Pour boiling water and cook for 10 minutes. Pour hot water, pour vegetables with cold water, and then throw them on a sieve.
- I peel off an apple, remove the seed chamber and cut it into pieces. After that, water with lemon juice.
- Cold cabbage mixed with sliced apples, add a little pepper and salt.
- It remains to prepare a dressing. Banana peel, knead with fork, salt and pepper. After that, add sour cream and lemon juice, mix well and mix.
- Served on the table in portions, pre-watered with dressing and sprinkled with sage.
As you can see, the salad recipe is simple, and cooking does not take much time. This means that you can please your family at any time.
Cooking soup with brussels sprouts
Housewives cook Brussels sprouts differently. Cook, fry and stew. I like to cook flavored soup from this vegetable.
I note, I do not fry vegetables for soup, and lay them fresh. As a result, it turns fragrant and rich. Do you want to learn how to cook soup? Read on my recipe.
- Brussels sprouts - 200 g
- chicken hearts - 200 g
- potatoes - 5 pieces
- carrots - 1 piece
- celery - 50 g
- dill, parsley, salt.
- Boil chicken hearts on low heat for a quarter of an hour.
- At this time, celery root and carrots pass through a grater, and finely chop the onion. Prepared vegetables send in boiling broth.
- I clean the potatoes, rinse and cut into small cubes. Add to soup.
- After about 10 minutes, add Brussels sprouts, salt, bring the soup to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- At the very end add dill and parsley. I turn off the fire and leave the soup for a quarter of an hour under the lid so that it is real. Served hot with toasted croutons.
As you can see, there is nothing difficult in cooking the soup. In addition, it is prepared from the most simple vegetables. Now you will please your relatives with this concoction. If they don't like it, make a delicious borscht.
Video recipe with nuts and red onions
Growing Brussels Sprouts
Finally, let's talk about the cultivation of Brussels sprouts. It differs from its relatives quite strongly both in appearance and in the agrotechnology of cultivation.
As is known, the usual cabbage has only one head. In Brussels such heads can be up to 70 pieces, it easily withstands 10-degree frost.
In almost all regions of our planet, cabbage cultivation is carried out in a seedling manner. Planted seedlings planted in the ground in early summer in a well-lit place. The fact is that even a slight darkening can cause a delay in the formation of the crop.
At the same time, Brussels sprouts are not demanding on the composition of the soil and successfully grow on poor soils. In cultivation, there is one secret - the correct temperature.
Earlier it was said that this cabbage is resistant to low temperatures. She suffers much heat worse. For the normal formation of heads, a temperature of 20 degrees is necessary. At higher temperatures, no crop will be formed.
My article has come to an end. In it, I talked about the benefits and methods of growing brussels sprouts, led useful and delicious cooking recipes.
I sincerely hope that the information presented in the article will be useful. Perhaps you have learned something new, and now put it into practice. I note, some recipes were invented by me personally. I spend all the time in the kitchen culinary experiments, the results of which you just got acquainted. Experiment and you. See you again!